Every day, invariably, the need to carry objects arises. In this context, backpacks make this activity more straightforward and more comfortable. Whether it is to go to work, to the supermarket, walk or simply move one or more items from one place to another, backpacks make this activity simpler.
In today’s market, you can find backpacks that, in addition to being useful for carrying items, have new technologies. An example is the backpacks that already have ports to recharge the mobile phone, undoubtedly a widely appreciated feature in the modern world.
Most important things about backpacks for men
- In today’s market, you can find backpacks for specific activities. Therefore, before acquiring one, it is essential to consider all those activities in which it will be used.
- Before buying a men’s backpack, you should think about the materials with which they are made, the weight it supports, and its storage capacity.
- The design, durability, accessories, and mode of use are also characteristics to be evaluated before purchasing a men’s backpack.
The best men’s backpacks
Every season, various brands renew their catalog of backpacks to offer models that adapt to our functional and aesthetic needs. Therefore, finding a model that fits what you are looking for can be a complicated task. To help you in your selection, below is a list of the five best-rated models.
- The most comfortable and elegant men’s backpack
- Best Anti-theft Laptop Backpack for Men
- The best quality wheeled men’s backpack
- The best casual backpack for men
- The waterproof men’s backpack with more capacity
The most comfortable and elegant men’s backpack
From the renowned North Face brand, the Vault backpack has received close to 80% of 5-star ratings and not without reason. Comfortable and elegant, it has a capacity of 26.5 liters and has a padded compartment for a laptop or tablet, as well as having enough space to accommodate everything you need on your way.
It is made of polyester and is suitable for a 15″ (inch) laptop.
Best Anti-theft Laptop Backpack for Men
If you want to go to the last, here you have an ideal backpack at an unbeatable price. This men’s backpack from Eray is waterproof, but it is also suitable for a 15.6″ laptop. It has a fixed password lock and durable zippers, as well as multiple pockets for whatever you need.
As if that were not enough, it has a USB and headphone port. Besides, users give more than 60% positive feedback.
The best quality wheeled men’s backpack
The first backpack with wheels in the ranking is the Rewind by Samsonite. The brand added wheels and handles to facilitate transport, perfect for those who want to travel without having to check-in.
It has a capacity of 32.5 liters. Inside it has different compartments, suitable for laptops, with padding and zipper for extra protection. The other compartments have organizers for smaller items.
The best casual backpack for men
This is the perfect model for those looking for a backpack for casual use. It is a versatile and resistant backpack that mixes aesthetics with comfort. Its vintage style, combined with its minimalist design, adds pleasant aesthetic characteristics.
It has a capacity of 25 liters and has a padded compartment for the computer, accessible from the outside. Also, its closure, with a drawstring, helps to close the backpack more quickly.
The waterproof men’s backpack with more capacity
If you need a lot of capacity, you have come to the right product. This Daypacks backpack has 20 independent pockets and for all sizes. It has a 45 L capacity, is waterproof and suitable for your laptop, as well as having a USB port.
To make matters worse, it is anti-theft, made of quality materials, and has more than 70% 5-star ratings. It is suitable for going to college or work, and its price is unbeatable.
Shopping Guide: What You Should Know About Men’s Backpacks
Besides the wide range of men’s backpacks on the market, choosing the one that best suits our needs can be challenging because this product has many features. The most frequently asked questions regarding this topic are answered below. At the end of this section, you will have no doubts about which is the most suitable for you.
What kind of men’s backpacks can be found on the market?
Knowing the purpose for which men’s backpacks are designed is essential. There are currently various types of backpacks, such as school bags, baby carriers, photographers, or laptops. The following list shows the different types and their main characteristics.
- Schoolchildren: Resistant, ergonomic, and light. With pockets suitable for the size of textbooks, among other school supplies.
- Baby carriers: They have a space designed to carry the child safely and comfortably. They are made with hypoallergenic materials, which take care of the baby’s anatomy, providing a comfortable and pleasant position.
- With wheels: Designed to avoid overweight on the back. They have wheels at the back and a handle to facilitate movement.
- For laptops: They have compartments explicitly designed to transport laptops. These backpacks are usually made with materials that protect flimsy electronic devices.
- Anti-theft: They have systems of security closures, snaps, and even high-tech locks. Some have a closure on the back, which provides extra protection
- Travel: They are resistant, versatile, and very spacious. They are designed with large spaces that serve to move various items in a safe and organized way
- Trekking: They are similar to those of travel. They have large areas to transport objects; However, unlike travel backpacks, they tend to have more external pockets that serve to carry water or items that need to be removed in an agile way.
- Thermals: Cooler backpacks are used mainly for camping. They are made of insulating materials, which allows us to maintain an internal temperature that adapts to the food that we want to transport
- Sport: These backpacks are more specific. Some are designed to carry special sports equipment such as tennis rackets. In general, they are made of shock-resistant and waterproof materials.
- For motorcycles: This model is usually ultra ergonomic since stability, in this case, plays a fundamental role.
- USB: They have a USB port and a cable to charge electronic devices such as mobile phones, tablets, and even laptops. These backpacks have internal rechargeable batteries that allow you to charge these devices.
- Photography: They have special compartments for cameras. These spaces keep them protected from blows and incidents that could compromise their safety. They are medium in size with multiple pockets and padded handles for added protection.
- Street: These backpacks are medium/small size. They have enough space to carry everyday belongings, thus replacing bags or fanny packs.
What capacity can men’s backpacks have?
One thing is the type, and another it’s capacity. To choose the right backpack, it is necessary to estimate the space and weight that we will put in it to not end up acquiring something inappropriate. It is essential to mention that backpacks are measured based on the volume of cargo they can carry, so their capacity is measured in liters. Also, when it comes to weight, it is measured in kilograms and differs from volume. Therefore, the two estimates must be considered separately. Below is a list of backpacks with specific capacities and their recommended use.
- Backpacks up to 10 liters: They are for everyday use. They have compartments to carry belongings such as your wallet, mobile phone, or keys.
- Backpacks up to 20 liters: They are ideal for transporting A4-size folders, laptops, or food and drinks, making them the best option for school or short excursions. The size of these backpacks is usually accepted by airlines as a personal hand-held accessory
- Backpacks up to 30 liters: They have the perfect space to carry luggage for short trips of two or three days
- Backpacks up to 40 liters: They are ideal for carrying a bag of clothes and supplies for several days. They can hold up to 10 kilograms of weight
- Backpacks up to 60 liters: This is the type of backpack used by travelers colloquially known as “backpackers”. They are perfect for long trips and support up to 20 kilograms
- Backpacks up to 80 liters: They are ideal for extended trips or getaways that involve carrying a lot of belongings. The size usually exceeds the airlines’ measurements in the cabin, so it is usual to have to check them in. Support more than 20 kilograms
Can I use a men’s backpack as hand luggage in the cabin?
The answer is “maybe.” This will depend on the type of backpack and the rules of the airline in question. Before traveling, it is recommended to check the measurements and weight allowed for hand luggage of the company with which you will travel. Below is a table with the parameters accepted by some of the most used airlines in Europe.
|Iberia||56 x 45 x 25 cm||8 kg|
|Norwegian||55 x 40 x 23 cm||10 kg|
|British Airways||56 x 45 x 25 cm||23 kg|
|Air france||55 x 35 x 25 cm||12 kg|
|Air Europe||55 x 35 x 25 cm||10 kg|
|EasyJet||56 x 45 x 25 cm||8 kg|
|Ryanair||40 x 20 x 25 cm||10 kg|
|Vueling||55 x 40 x 20 cm||10 kg|
Which men’s backpack brands are the best rated in their segment?
As shown in the ranking, North Face, Samsonite, or Burton are most valued by consumers. Therefore, the following table delves into the characteristics of these manufacturers. Likewise, the following list also includes other brands to expand the evaluation capacity.
- North Face: It is one of the leading brands in mountain and camping equipment. It specializes in clothing, footwear, sleeping bags, and tents. North Face has men’s backpack models ranging from 20 to 60 liters
- Samsonite: One of the most recognized travel luggage brands in the world. Today, their backpacks, laptop sleeves, and other travel utensils are widely recognized and recommended.
- Burton: It is one of the favorite brands of snowboarders. The quality and innovation of its products makes this company one of the leaders in winter sports
- Patagonia: It is synonymous with quality and resistance in all its products. Its commitment to the environment characterizes this firm; its designs are simple, although resistant.
- Herschel: Its hipster style designs distinguish it. Its backpacks, aimed at a young target audience, are references of much longer-lived big brands.
- Highlander: Its products for outdoor and military use guarantee quality and functionality. They have incredibly resistant materials and finishes.
What materials are the best for a men’s backpack?
There are aesthetically pleasing materials, although not very durable, as in the case of some polymers. Also, woven fabrics are more substantial than fused or glued. Also, the combination of materials can be beneficial, depending on the backpack’s end use in question. To avoid complicated explanations and quickly figure out the most suitable material, here is a table with the advantages and disadvantages of polyester and nylon, two of the most used materials in backpacks.
|Nylon||It is more resistant to bumps and scratches.|
It is more flexible.
|Resists less heat.|
It absorbs a lot of water.
|Polyester||It is more resistant to heat than nylon.|
It absorbs little water.
Cannot stretch or shrink.
Men’s backpack purchase criteria
Once the type of backpack, its capacity, weight, and even its materials have been identified, it is necessary to separately evaluate its aesthetic and functional values. Only then can you be sure that the option chosen is the best. Below are the purchase criteria to be considered before choosing a men’s backpack.
- Durability of materials
- How to use
There are casual styles, for business, to go to class or to go camping, among many other possibilities. The options are endless. Regularly, brands change the design of their backpack models annually (although sometimes little). Besides, some brands tend to introduce new designs and, according to trends, each day, more technological.
It is best to check the catalog of the brand in question. In this way, different models from the same range can be compared so that you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
Durability of materials
It will always be essential to relate the material to the end-use before acquiring it in the online market. You will see it much better in the following list:
- Polymers. Polyester is less resistant than nylon; however, it is better insulating, so if anyone will use the backpack in the snow or hot places, it is a better option.
- Woven material. Also, woven backpacks will always be more robust than glued ones.
- Leather. On the other hand, leather is also resistant to shocks, although not to tears. Although these types of backpacks endure scratches, anyone will easily see them, and in the long run, they may end up breaking. This type of backpack is more recommended for urban use and not so much for outdoor activities.
The models of backpacks with wheels for a more comfortable transport or the backpacks equipped with power bank batteries to charge some of our electronic devices are two examples of accessories that already exist on the market. As always, the choice of one or the other will have to do with the end-use.
How to use?
Thinking about the occasions and conditions in which you will use the backpack is a fundamental aspect so that you do not end up leaving the backpack in the storage room. In this sense, a backpack for traveling with a capacity of twenty kilos, without padded straps, could be uncomfortable.
If it is a backpack to go to school or the gym, you can do without comfort a bit and focus more on durability or design, although ergonomics will always be decisive when choosing a model.
In short, backpacks are items that make life easier for us daily. But not only that, since nowadays there are backpacks for particular activities, such as carrying a laptop safely or carrying objects of all sizes while riding a motorcycle or going on a trip.
Also, brands will continue to improve and specialize their products more and more. This results in advantages for the consumer since competition causes brands to enhance products and prices. In the end, the most important thing is to evaluate the market options calmly and with useful information to acquire the best option.