Do you like to go camping? If you usually do it, we are convinced that it is because you find many advantages to this type of getaway. Although they also have some disadvantages, for many the worst is the challenge of having good hygiene during those days. If this is your case and you are concerned about this issue, you need to have a portable shower for your trips.
This article will allow you to enjoy a shower anytime, anywhere. Sometimes you won’t even need a water source and with some models the water will be warm. Do you want to discover more aspects of this product? Would you like to know the best options? So, don’t miss the information in this guide that we have prepared for you.
The most important
- It is vital that you choose the most suitable portable shower for the type of getaways you make. Not all models will be valid for your circumstances.
- You’ll need to use each portable shower the right way to get the most out of it. Always pay close attention to all the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Do you know what capacity the portable shower tank should have or if it is important that the water comes out with pressure? You will find the answer to these and other questions in our section “Purchase Criteria”.
The best portable showers on the market: our recommendations
If you haven’t heard of portable showers before, you will want to know some important details to consider. In order for you to do this, it is best to start with a few recommendations. We have selected four models that we are sure of one thing: you will love them. Of course, do not rush and wait until the end of this guide to make your decision.
- The best portable shower for online shoppers
- Best budget portable shower
- Best Portable PVC Shower
- The best large capacity portable shower
The best portable shower for online shoppers
This portable shower is a favorite for many people because it is made from high-quality materials. It works with solar energy and is capable of heating water to 45 degrees. It has different layers to avoid possible leaks. Tien
e capacity for 20 liters of water and will allow you to shower with some ease anywhere. The shower head comes with an on / off button and you can regulate the water flow.
Best budget portable shower
If you are looking for an economical option, this is your portable shower. It works with solar energy and is capable of heating water to 45 degrees in three hours. In addition, it has a temperature indicator and has a capacity of 20 liters.
The shower head is very comfortable and has a flexible hose that is too. It has a bag so you can put the soap and shampoo. Also with a hook so you can hang it.
Best Portable PVC Shower
This portable shower is made of PVC, a material that is respectful with the environment. It has a handle so you can hang it easily. It has different layers to prevent leaks.
The shower head comes with a switch so you can easily turn it on and off. In addition, you can regulate the flow of the water. It has a capacity for 20 liters of water and is heated with solar energy.
The best large capacity portable shower
If you are looking for a large capacity portable shower, this may be yours, as it has a 40-liter tank. 2 people or one more can shower thoroughly. It is heated with solar energy and retains heat very well. Its black surface is able to absorb heat better than other options.
It has on and off on the head and a handle to hang the tank. It is made of a resistant material that will prevent water leaks.
Shopping Guide: Everything You Should Know About Portable Showers
What types of portable showers can you find on the market?
What options do you have when purchasing a portable shower? You have already seen some in previous sections, but now we want to show you which are the main ones that stand out. Discovering its main characteristics will be key so that you can make the best decision. So, take note.
- 12 V portable shower. They have a 12 volt battery, which works when connected to the socket of the car or any other vehicle. The vehicle’s electricity powers the shower water pump, which sends the water to the shower head. Then the liquid comes out under pressure. In most cases you can control the temperature of the water.
- Portable pressure shower. They usually have about 15 liters of capacity, enough for one person to shower. They weigh very little and you only need a place to hang it. The usual thing is that they have a hose and that the water comes out under pressure. Its price is quite affordable.
- Portable shower with solar bag. It is one of the best options for showering outside. The water is heated thanks to solar energy and afterwards the tank is able to maintain the temperature for longer. There are showers with different capacities, but most have 20 liters.
- Portable camping shower. It is less comfortable than the previous model, but it also gives you the possibility of a quick shower. It is easily transported. It comes with a trigger that operates the water outlet. They do not have too much capacity, less than 10 liters, so you must assess whether it will cover all your needs.
- Portable outdoor shower. They have a very light shower and you can use the water from your tank or pump it from another place. So you can use the water from a river, a reservoir or a fountain to shower. They are very light and you can take them everywhere.
- Portable shower with submersible pump. It is a shower that needs a plug or to be connected to a vehicle battery. When it is already plugged into the power source it starts working. If you have a river or other water source, you will have water at all times to shower.
What other uses can you give the portable shower?
How to get intimate with a portable shower?
They are small tents, but they have the necessary height so that you can stand. In addition, they have an opening that serves to introduce the shower hose. They are assembled in a few seconds and will help you achieve that intimacy that you are looking for when cleaning. You can also use them to change clothes.
If you are concerned about this matter, you can bet on a portable shower tent.
How do you use a portable solar shower?
How to use a portable shower safely?
What material is the best for the tank of your portable shower?
How long should the shower hose be?
Is a portable shower with a tank or with a rechargeable water pump better?
In most cases, tank water showers allow you to enjoy hot water, since they work with solar energy. Those with a rechargeable water pump offer you a continuous flow and you don’t have to worry about how long the shower lasts. Of course, you will need to be near a river, a lake or a reservoir.If you bet on a shower with a deposit, make sure you have a place to fill it up. If you finally opt for a pump shower, you must make sure that you will camp in the vicinity of a river or any other source of water. In the latter case, you must be willing to shower with water at room temperature. It probably won’t be too hot.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of portable showers?
What portable shower to buy? Surely you are already having clearer which is going to be the chosen model. Without a doubt, the information that we have reviewed in previous sections has been of great help. Before making your purchase, we recommend that you do not overlook any of the following points and your decision will be a success.
- Water use and supply
- Water temperature
- Water pressure
- Weight and size
Water use and supply
The use that you are going to give the portable shower is key to choosing the model. If you only want one to rinse a bit or to clean your car, either will be more or less useful. However, if you are going to use the shower a lot, in summer and winter, the best is a 12 V model. Think that it will offer you a good supply of hot and pressurized water.
Also take into account if you will be camping near a natural water source or if you will need to fill the tank before reaching your destination. If you are going to camp near a river, it is very likely that you are interested in having a shower that can extract its water and offer you a constant flow. Don’t overlook this feature when choosing a specific model.
With a shower of up to 20 liters you can take a shower relatively fast, but effective. If you bet on a model with 40 liters of capacity, you can shower for longer, washing your hair in detail. It can also be suitable for more than one person to shower without having to refill the tank.
It may not cost you too much to shower during the day in the middle of August with cold water. However, things change if you have to do it at night or when the temperatures are low. In those cases, you are interested in getting a model with which you can count on hot water. In addition, the ideal would be that you could regulate the temperature so as not to burn yourself.
We recommend that you bet on a portable pressure shower. Remember that if you don’t have it, the water flow will be minimal and you will spend more when showering. Ideally, you should have about 8 liters of water per minute. Of course, we recommend that you always turn off the tap while you are not using it.
Weight and size
If when you go camping you also go hiking, you are interested in betting on a lightweight portable shower model. If you are going to go in a car or in a caravan, a heavier model with more capacity will not be a problem. Also look at the volume, whether it can be folded and the space it occupies. Remember that it should be a help and not an inconvenience.
No more days without being able to shower, not even one. With a portable shower you can clean yourself anywhere and without great complications. You just need to find a model that meets the requirements you are looking for and that fits your budget. Before making your final decision, we invite you to analyze your own needs.
It is a product that in most cases does not have a very high cost. Still, you should try to make the best purchase possible. It will reassure you to know that you can enjoy a shower after a tiring day and in contact with nature. It will become an essential element in all your adventures, do you already know which one you will buy?
Surely you have found the information in this buying guide interesting. So, share it on your social networks and leave us a comment with your opinion.